Thursday, November 19, 2009

highway blues





Some snaps from my journey back from Barnstorm. I was loosely working on a story about human trafficking, but I was really just letting all the ideas from the weekend bang around in my head. It seems Barnstorm means a lot, to a lot of people. For me, it was the first major photo accomplishment that I ever really gave a damn about achieving. Now that it's over, I'm not sure what it means to me. I am not friends with many photographers. I don't really enjoy talking shop. I think the more you know about other things in life, and the less you know about photography, the better photographer you will be. The whole thing seemed a little elitist, but that's the nature of the beast I guess. If I had to take a lesson away from the weekend, it would be that hard work pays off. You can have all the talent in the world, but if your a lazy bitch, you will get nowhere.

And yes, I did get a ticket.