Monday, February 7, 2011

snow bound in Houston

I traveled to Houston last week to run the Houston Marathon with my good friend Curtis. I ended up being stuck there for a week due to weather conditions back in Missouri. But, thanks to the hospitality of Curtis, the conversations with Joye and Chazz's home cooking, I had a great time and felt right at home.

It's funny where life takes us. Curtis and I went to high school together and were roommates after graduation. His father and my father were best friends and he was the best man at my wedding. Even though we live in different states and lead completely different lives now, every time we are together, it feels right. I think sharing your formative years with someone creates a bond that time and distance can't erode. That is something very special to me and I hope I never take it for granted.












1 comment:

Batman said...

Nice! Great pictures. I'm glad you two had a good time together.